The Student Success Center provides support services to students who attends A.W. Beattie Career Center. These services are designed to facilitate the needs of students who may require additional support to enable them to reach their maximum potential. A.W. Beattie's on-site Learning Facilitators work with students who have a variety of learning styles and needs. Students are provided with:
- Adapted/modified course material (where applicable)
- Individual and/or small group instruction
- Preparation of study guides (where applicable)
- Performance checklists summarizing work habits and areas of concern
- Access to computers for remediation and a variety of career & technical materials, which aid in meeting individual learning needs
- A facilitator that is available to help the students with hands-on assignments in the classroom
- A quiet place to take tests or study
- Facilitators and/or assistants to discuss concerns, problems and ideas
For additional information on programs and support offered through the Student Success Center, contact A.W. Beattie Career Center Career Learning Facilitators Erin Brennan, Bella Ellis, Nancy Loughrey, or Erin Rushe.
A.W. Beattie also supports ELL (English Language Learners) students who work with English Language Learner Coordinator Gretchen Boyette.
In conjunction with its programs, the Student Success Center offers science and math support classes taught by Integration Math Instructor Jennifer Groomes and Integration Science Instructor Tad Thayer.