The Mission of A. W. Beattie Career Center is to empower each student to become a successful adult.
Our vision is to be one of the top career centers in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Learning will take place in a safe, secure and drug-free environment.
- All students want to learn and can learn when their emotional, physical and social needs are met.
- All students need nurturing, support and recognition to foster self-esteem.
- All students can become successful adults.
- Students must attend school and actively participate in learning.
- A customized learning program for each student must be developed.
- Instructors must be passionate, caring and respectful.
- Instructors must be student-centered focused on student success.
- Instructors must be knowledgeable about content and methodology.
- Instructors must be lifelong learners.
- Instructors must be innovative and positive as well as resilient and reflective.
About our Learning Community
- A. W. Beattie Career Center is a partnership among the nine school districts, parents, staff and the community at large.
- Authentic learning experiences must be extended beyond the walls of the school.
- The entire learning community must be committed to the success of each student.