The Mission of the A.W. Beattie Career Center is to empower each student to become a successful professional in a continuously evolving regional and global economy through equitable access to the latest industry standards and technology education.
The vision of A.W. Beattie Career Center is to be a progressive career center that fosters excellence in career and technical education for students. This vision includes students being well educated and skilled for their postsecondary education and career pathway.
We will pursue excellence for all those we serve in a safe, secure and inclusive learning environment.
- All students want to learn and can learn when their social/emotional, physical, academic, and college/career needs are being met.
- All students need nurturing, support and recognition to foster self-esteem.
- Students must attend school regularly and actively engage in learning.
- Student success requires organized leadership, shared expectations, collaboration with community partners, teamwork, and well managed resources.
- Teachers must be passionate, caring and respectful.
- Teachers must be student-centered.
- Teachers must be knowledgeable about content and methodology.
- Teaching is a craft that must be continually developed and reflected upon to promote growth.
- Teachers must seek collaboration and innovation.
About our Learning Community
- A. W. Beattie Career Center is a partnership among the nine consortium school districts, parents, staff and the community at large.
- Authentic learning experiences must be extended beyond the walls of the Career Center.
- Recognizing and embracing diversity adds value to learning experiences for all students.
- A.W. Beattie Career Center strives to best serve the surrounding communities by educating our students in fields adapted to meet the needs of area employers.
- Collaboration with businesses, industry, post-secondary institutions, as well as community organizations enriches and strengthens the bond of the Career Center within the culture of the community.